Registering as a new Beekeeper
Create a New Login for the Beemax Application
To create a new login in the Beemax application you must have a valid and accessible email address. If you do not have an email address and have no plans to create one, please call the bee registration hotline on 1800 356 761.
To successfully create a login and connect to your email address and existing beekeeping registration records, you have two options. They are to either create an AgVic login or make use of one of three social authorisation options.
Option 1: Create an AgVic Login
To do this, at the top-right of the screen, click on “Register”. In the email box on the left type in the email address that you know is on your current Agriculture Victoria beekeeping record. Enter a password that must be at least six characters long. Repeat that password in the confirm password box and click on “Register”. A confirmation email should then appear in your inbox but check the junk folder if it doesn’t appear. Click on the link provided in the email. This will log you into your new Bees account.
Option 2: Login Using your preferred Social Provider
To create an account that automatically links to your social media account, the email address you use to access social media must match the one on your Agriculture Victoria beekeeping record. If it does, click on “Register” at the top-right of the screen and then click on one of the following:
- Sign in with Google – requires that you have a Gmail account.
- Sign in with Microsoft – requires that you have an Office 365 or Microsoft Live/Hotmail account.
- Sign in with Facebook – can be any email address, as long as it matches the one in our records.
On clicking one of these options, you will probably be asked to confirm whether you’d like Agriculture Victoria to receive your details from the social platform. Please confirm that this is OK, and you will then continue on to your account in Bees.
Create your Profile
On first logging into your new Beemax account, you will be advised that you do not have any beekeeper details established against your email address. To do this click on “Complete your Beekeeper profile”. You will be asked to enter the following field values:
- First Name – mandatory – is the given name of the beekeeper to be registered.
- Surname – mandatory – is the family name of the beekeeper to be registered.
- Do you bee keep as a commercial operation – optional – if ticked you will be asked for:
- ABN – mandatory – ensure full 11-digit ABN is entered (spaces are OK)
- Organisation Name – mandatory – the name you trade under
- Contact Numbers – at least one must be entered:
- Telephone (After Hours)
- Address Line 1 – mandatory
- Address Line 2 – optional
- Suburb/City – mandatory – on typing will provide a list to select from
- Postcode – mandatory – will be auto populated based on city selection
- State – mandatory – will be auto populated based on city selection
- For Registration Renewals and Reminders – Email or Post
- For Important Industry Notifications – Email or SMS
Click on “Save Profile” to accept your entries. If a mandatory value has not been completed you will be prompted to enter this before being able to complete the record saving.
Register as a Victorian Beekeeper
Once your profile has been completed, the next step is to register as a beekeeper for the next two years. To do this click on the blue “Register for the next two years” button. You will then be asked to enter the number of hives that you wish to register. Based on this number, a fee calculation will be done, though this only applies to apiaries with more than five (5) registered hives.
Ensure that you have read and understand the Australian Honey Bee Industry Biosecurity Code of Practice documentation that is provided as a downloadable PDF link and then complete the compliance declaration by checking the tick-box provided. To finish this process, click “Confirm Details”.
If you have registered for five or less hives, you will be instantly marked as “Registered”. If you are required to pay a fee, then your registration will be marked as “Pending Payment”.
Agriculture Victoria have provided a fully secure credit card payment through the Westpac Banking Corporation. To access this facility, click on the blue “Pay Registration Fee” button. You will be taken through to Westpac’s payment facilities, where you are able to enter your credit card details and click on “Process” to initiate payment. On completing a successful payment, you will be provided with a button to return to your now fully registered Bees account.
If you are experiencing any difficulties with this payment process, then please call the bee registration hotline on 1800 356 761.